About Paula Landry
Paula Landry, MBA, is a film business and media-marketing consultant, crafting business & marketing plans, and producing branded videos for Fortune 500 companies, non-profit companies, colleges and universities.
Paula Landry, MBA, is a film and television writer/producer, author and media consultant. Her eclectic career in media forms the foundation for a multi-media perspective to provide marketing solutions across a spectrum of media channels, from music to film, podcasts, apps, video games and television, as well as in the digital space including NFTs. As a consultant, Landry collaborates with filmmakers, media entrepreneurs and businesses seeking to raise money and visibility for their projects and grow their business.
She has conducted film and television library valuations in association with G&H Media for various literary estates, intellectual property libraries, film companies and governments. As a curriculum designer and instructor, Ms. Landry leads classes in creative entrepreneurship, filmmaking, screenwriting, producing and media classes to a wide variety of corporations, non-profit organizations, content creators, graduate and undergraduate students.
- The Business of FILM - A Practical Guide to Achieving Success in the Film Industry - with co-author Stephen Greenwald, 3rd Ed.
- Applying Entrepreneurship to Media, How Artists, Creatives, and Performers Can Use Startup Principles to Build Careers and Generate Income - available 2022
- Scheduling and Budgeting your Film: A Panic-Free Guide, 2nd Ed.
- Sell Your Screenplay in 30 Days - Using New Media
Landry has taught courses, workshops/seminars in film and media business around the world including at:
- MBA in Media Management, Metropolitan College of New York (New York City)
- MBA in Media Management, Wagner College (New York City)
- School for Communications, Ithaca College (Ithaca, New York)
- Arts Foundations- Havana, Cuba
- (PANO Network) now NYC Women Filmmakers (New York City)
- School of Visual Arts (New York, NY)
- Regents College (London, England)
- Haifa Film Festival (Haifa, Israel)
- The Cannes Film Festival (Cannes, France)
- MTV (Paris, France)
Production credits include
- Last Pint (Written by Fred Crecca, Rick Mowat, adaptation of play by Fred Crecca)
- Dead in the Water (adaptation of play by Warren Adler)
- The Entitled (adaptation of novel by best-selling author Frank Deford)
- A Christmas Catastrophe
- Hunter is F**ed
- A Cat’s Tale
- Angel Passing
- Songs for Sophia
- The Second Execution of Romell Broom (dir. Michael Verhoeven)
- Asylum Seekers
- Wake Up In New York
Ms. Landry is Vice President, active member and serves on the board of PANO (formerly NYC Women Filmmakers) - striving for a wider view of the entertainment industry. Her films and screenplays she has worked on have debuted at the Sundance Festival, AMFEST, winning recognition and awards at Austin Film Festival, Best Actors Film Festival, Made In New York Writers Room, Chelsea FF, BlackBird Int'l FF, Reel East and she is a member of the Disney Diversity and Inclusion Network. Landry has won awards from Columbia Pictures Screen Gems, The Time Warner Showtime Audience Awards, and the Grand Jury Award at the WorldFest Houston International Film Festival.
"As a valued contributor to Script Magazine, Paula always delivers an insightful perspective on screenwriting that's invaluable to our readers. It's a pleasure to have her on our team of writers."
Editor and Online Community Manager Pipeline Media
"Ms. Landry is without reservation one of the most prepared, knowledgeable, hard working and efficient people in this business of film! If you need someone to help, advise or flat out produce your film, then she's the one. Paula has done it all and can steer you away from the rocks and into smooth sailing for your production (big or small) or writing project."
President at SnackPack Productions
While obtaining an MBA in Media Management, Paula Landry was my instructor for three courses. What impresses me the most about Professor Landry was her ability to reach people where they are and energize them while they seek their goals. Her ability to inspire is a game changer.
Digital Strategist & Visual Storyteller